I had a clinic in Pasadena for Bronco Sport, quick one-day of sessions. I always enjoy the food when I travel to SoCal, and did a quick visit to the Petersen Museum to see the Totally Awesome 80s Display which is on the main floor for this year. I hadn't been to Petersen since I lived there in the late 90s, and had never been into the vault in the basement. I look back on my career and will remember traveling with the guys on these clinics, the Oaxaca Old Fashioned, and probably the Breakfast Burritos All Day in Pasadena, of course.
Brandi and I let Nick settle in over two weeks before our first check-in trip. We took a nice walk around campus, where shockingly the only person we passed knew Nick by name... who would have thought that? Nick and I traveled up to Elkhart on Saturday afternoon to attend the restoration meeting at New York Central for the 3001 steam engine, he was able to network with the leaders and some volunteers in prep for the Fall. And we managed not to hit any Amish buggies along the way.
We filled in time with a quick show at Delkers with the Corvette, which I rarely take a car to these, but this was also the month the Monte Carlo needed an overhaul... refurbish the radiator, bearings packed, fluids and belts, enough work to make it last another 30 years. Brandi took a cookie decorating class, which I am saving the last one. And she started a new job two days a week at an office just a mile from home. We also walked the Glass City Riverwalk in downtown Toledo for the first time, which is a really nice park, and had lunch at Old Bag of Nails.
Visiting Nick roughly every two weeks, I went back for a guys weekend at the end of September. We visited the Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum for the afternoon, which Nick loved, and then drove north to Mayberry for the ultimate feast: the Amish buffet at Das Dutchman Essenhaus, where we both ate ourselves nearly to death, but oh, so worth it. Never to declare an end to consumption, we finally found a good diner in Ft. Wayne, Liberty Diner, where we can become regulars for our breakfast activities. And coincidentally, there's a self-service car wash right next door.
Pics here so far this year.