"Do you agree?" This is Nick's current verbal crutch, uses it in every conversation, drives me nuts, but it's not as bad as some of the stuff I got stuck on as a kid, which I need to remember. His writing is stronger than his verbals, very strong, in fact. He's been selected to write a presentation and stand-up in his class, and the content around war planes is well-written, and a good read.
School hasn't been too bad. Too much gym class, says Nick, and I agree. And the usual peddling of crap for Christmas, which I refuse to sell at work. Nick got his first detention after school, for being late to class too many times.
Our activities this month were a bummer, for the most part. We saw the English version of the opera, "The Magic Flute" at the Valentine Theatre, which we were unanimous in our conclusion, was painful to watch. Three hours of cackling was too long. On another weekend, we drove to Alma, MI to ride the Polar Express train to Owosso, MI. The ride was 2 hours each way on the train, 4 hours at the stop, too much time trapped on a train with no heat (just our car) and annoying passengers. The horrible day of wind and rain toppled a tree over the tracks on the ride back, which cost us another cold hour on the return trip.
Nick intended to skip Halloween this year, then changed his mind and went out in his karate gi at the last minute, realizing it was the best time ever. The guy who lives on Meadowbrook who grills burgers and hot dogs every year upped his game to ribs and bacon, which was outstanding Also slipped a photo from Halloween at Morpace in here, as the team dressed up from the move Mean Girls this year, very well done.
He's going to have a beard here soon, with the chin hairs pushing their way through. At least he's consistently wearing deodorant now.
I made a short trip to Cinci for Noah's homecoming, where I watched most of the game in the pouring rain, but the trip was well worth the moments: I helped him tie his necktie so he was ready for the presentation on the field, and saw him with five girls under his umbrella protecting them from the storm. So proud of the kid!
The picture here is Nick with Amber's youngest, Joey. More photos this month.
Jason