Monday, March 31, 2014

Nick's Life: March 2014

March wasn't necessarily a month of excessive activities, other than school.  So we'll look back on this one more for what Nick said than anything he actually did, except maybe for being the first month he's ever demanded privacy for any reason.

"Mama, I'm going to have a conversation with myself.  I really like my penis. My penis has alot of ideas, they bubble up to my brain, then down into my heart." [What does it usually think about Nick?] "Mostly sharks."
"It's hot out tonight, I'm going to sleep in the raw (which means just in his underwear.)"
"I wear the same pants everyday."
"Where's my drinking shark?" [Why do you need it now?] "Because I need a drink!" (This was referring to the plastic shark my coworker Cheri saved for him from a tropical drink.  He loves Miss Cheri, and the shark pictures all over her desk from his drawings proves it.)
And every sentence seems to end with, "You know why?" I haven't figured out why everything is a quiz, but that's his style at the moment.
One night when we sat down to dinner, he wiped his brow with a piece of bread.  Because it was so fresh.  Still not sure about that one.
All this, and an overuse of the word "freakin'" at the moment... either the influence of other kids, or I've heard it from videos he watches on YouTube.

We did visit the Fernbank Museum of Natural History at the start of the month, which there's pictures here with dinosaur bones, and inside of a whale's heart. There was a great IMAX movie about swimming in the ocean, but the best was the whale and shark exihibit... the timing of our visit was perfect.

And the last pictures are the baseball stadium we built from Lego blocks.  His pile of blocks is becoming a mountain.

Pics here.

- Jason