Ba came to visit this month, to pick up the 2009 Impala we grabbed for him from Donny. We had an easy weekend watching PSU v OSU at the Wild Wings in Monroe, Nick even came with us to watch football (but brought a device to keep entertained, of course.) Brandi and Jeff got some walks in at the park, and we laid low.
Nick's highlights for the month were the college fair at Lourdes University, sponsored by the high schools. We walked the tables and Nick was able to ask questions of the college reps. We learned about a program at PSU we didn't know existed in Altoona, along with some smaller schools, and the MAC schools. Not sure we narrowed the pool much, but it gave us some good ideas, like the Cleveland Institute for Art. I was impressed with his questions, and got a chance to see how some of the other kids interacted in the environment, and lots of them looked more lost than Nick. He can't be lost anymore, he officially has a driver's license, which the driving test was quite easy (he was prepared, that helped.) Short drive starting at the high school, the instructor wanted to talk to me more than Nick, and Nick aced the parallel parking, while knowing the town well enough he didn't need directions from the guy.
I made an evening trip to Cinci to see Noah play football, which turned out to be his last game. The team wasn't that great, but there was no doubt he was the best player in the group, he played safety with a nose for the ball, wideout, and return man. Took a big hit at the end that cracked rib and punctured his lung, not serious enough that he won't recover. He's arleady dating the head cheerleader, and he's the best player, time to retire. And I got to take a nice road trip with my new truck.
I spoke one evening at the SFS career night, with about 20 other guys, shared stories from our work. This was a great event last year, I was happy to join in this year. Was paired with a guy from P&G who used to work at Gongos, which made it easy. The kids asked good questions, and after asking me not to call him out or embarrass him, Nick asked a couple questions of me. And he was kind enough to suggest I should become a teacher, I made it interesting and he learned something. The most evident thing about my work, I travel more than I should, and that's evident by having more photos from clinics than my family, I was gone again alot this fall (8 trips total this year.)

