Monday, January 31, 2022

January 2022

Nick and his peers (those random guys on the Net he interacts with, friends of-sorts) sit up late at night and 'bitch watch' cheesy movies (that's what it's called.) Like Mystery Science Theater 3000, they complain through the entire film, and create memes. I think this is about the extent of trouble they cause, it's a mild group. When I listen in to any conversation, there's lots of swearing, but that's about it, although I can't follow the conversations, either.

We're making a habit of waking up early (early for Nick, anyway, 8 AM), to practice driving for an hour and go to breakfast. We've had some good days for practice... one day was icy, another was high winds, and avoiding potholes is a useful skill. We stopped in at Brenda's for breakfast, and he even picked up the tab, without asking (happened to run into an old friend there, timing was right).  He finally got his first car, a 2002 Cavalier that belonged to Brad, after three months in the paint shop. (This was the car I drove home back in September without telling Nick.  He knew I flew down and then accidentally found out I drove back and never questioned what I was driving.) Still not letting him drive it until a little more work is done, but we snuck it home between snow storms. He was more excited than expected, made Grandpa happy. I no longer need to sing Happy Birthday to him every day with new words to stall until the gift arrives.

Brandi and I got a date night, Ikea to buy her a mattress, and dinner at Cantoro's in Plymouth. Love the food, and the Italian market afterwards.  She got a mattress, then ordered a bed online, and added a new TV for her room, so a good run for Bran and her setup.  Of course she's sleeping in the dining room until it all off-gasses, makes it feel like home.