Nick is learning to walk with purpose, hit and miss. Trying to give him more experiences, we enrolled him in golf lessons for a month this summer out at Heatherdowns CC. I've left him alone and am not watching him, but when I do he's pretty good, I quietly observe in the background for a few seconds, he drives the ball about 80 yards, and I go back to my car and wait. Wasn't sure how well he'd do, but from this experience, he's 'on par' with the other kids his age. I hope he pursues this more, when we can find time.
He's started his candidate's class, working towards his black belt later this year. Which means there's always a jock strap sitting on the counter or on the floor, always something missing he needs immediately (a binder of moves, a wristband) and lots of commuter services needed to the karate school. He's putting in long hours, and making progress, I can see it (and I know a thing or two in this area.)
We made it back to EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh this year for my work, Ford asked us to attend for some brand measures. The agency offered Nick a job for the week since they had kids working as runners, but he had other plans, three full days of walking around seeing every plane he could see. (And napping face-down on the table inside the Ford trailer, enjoying the A/C, in between his adventures.) More than napping, he did run water and incentives out to the interviewers, help me drag equipment to and from the car (we caught a ride once on a cart). He got offers to help refurbish a warbird in Michigan, and to take flying lessons here locally. He's an easy travel partner, knows the routine.
Love this video that Brandi found about 'Why is Gen Z Humor So Weird?' Really helps understand things about Nick (and the kids I'm hiring at work) that don't make sense.
Pics here this month.
Jason
