It's been a hot month, lots of time in the pool. We had tickets to the Mud Hens game on a Friday night, Nick was booked to throw out the first pitch, roughly 95 degrees at game time. We barely made it onto the field in time, they called out Nick's name, handed him the ball, and sent him to the mound... I didn't warn him ahead of time. He threw a better pitch than the mayor, Wade's toss was a little shorter, then we spoke with him down on the field afterwards. I went to school with Wade, and his son now goes to SFS with Nick.
The school hosted a camp at Vineyard Lake, where the 7th and 8th grade boys get to know each other before the year starts. We left Nick for the weekend, where he got a lucky draw of the cabin with air conditioning. The kids spent most of their time in the lake, though, and Nick didn't go in. But he said the food was good, they were kept to their chores, and he knew a couple kids from his past schools. The camp was property purchased by the Oblates back in the 1940s for a couple thousand dollars, it's a beautiful 40 acres or so for the school to use. Brandi and I walked the MSU Hidden Lake Gardens for the afternoon after we dropped him.
Our phones stopped working at one point because they were full, roughly 50GB of space filled, it seemed like overnight. After hours of investigation, I realized Nick had takes selfies on his iPad, thousands of them. He sat in bed and shot photos of himself non-stop, and filled our storage space. Really, Nick? I took a screen shot before I deleted them all.
Photos combined from July and August this month.
Jason