Saturday, May 12, 2018

Fifth Grade Camp

(Written by Nick)
When I got there, I went to my cabin and unpacked my stuff.  Afterwards, I went to lunch and then fishing, but I didn’t catch anything. One person did catch a hybrid. Later we went to this thing called fantastic fish and learned about different types of fish (which I already know mostly about that, lmao) and the director dissected a fish to show us the origins of it. After dinner, I played capture the fish and it was awesome.  In the evening we had a campfire where we sang songs and did hilarious stuff.  Then we went to bed. 

Next day, we went to breakfast and after that we did reptiles and amphibians where we got to hold snakes and lizards and turtles. Then we went to this class where we studied rocks and minerals. After lunch we had LLC and we did role-play during that, so first we had to cross two trenches, then we were blindfolded and we had to feel our way through the place, then solve a code and I solved it and got the rights to talk for the rest of the class. After LLC, we tie-dyed shirts, which was amazing. After dinner I went up into the loft and played loft games before bed. 

On the third day, yada-yada-yada, then we did drama which included skits, also amazing. After lunch we studied aquatic life where we found dragonfly larva, water scorpions, caddisfly larva, mayfly larva, damselfly larva, hellgrammites, leeches, and many more. There was an archery challenge which was AWESOME.  We performed our skits and they were funny. 

On the final day, we had OLS and made shelters to protect ourselves. We also tried to start a fire and failed very badly. After lunch and we studied wild edibles which is about learning those things that can be eaten and what can’t.  I went into the loft again for some drawing, and after that we had dinner and went to bed.
On the final morning we woke up, got packed, ate a little something and went home. I had a better time sleeping there than at home surprisingly, and on the last day, one of my cabin mates was allergic to spicy foods and he went to the restroom and it smelled HORRIBLE.