Saturday, November 30, 2013

Nick's Life: November 2013

November was a big month for tooth loss, with one falling out of natural causes, one nearly eaten in a Gordita, and then choking and eventually swallowing one in his sleep.  He cashed in from the Fairy, who has upped her game to serious Greenbacks, and backpay later for the missing tooth.

More pictures this month from flying R/C planes in Georgia. He was out a couple times with Fayling and the boys, and is getting into the construction side of it now, starting with building rockets from soda bottles.  He's taking more stuff apart around the house, but credit where it's due, he was able to fix an electric train I thought for certain was permanently broken.  Even if it was just luck, the confidence will carry him to another attempt.


We did get a Thanksgiving dinner at home this year, but nothing spectacular.  The impressive meal was thanks to Robin and Bo, who prepared a dinner fit for Food Network, while the kids played all day.  And the Lions won.  It's a miracle.  And I trekked out on my first Black Friday with Bo... now I know why I avoid it... never again.  That was about the limit of Nick's social activity, as I downloaded a new App for him called Minecraft at the end of the month, and then we lost him... hours a day building things on the iPhone.  My last words were something like, "I'm not paying $6 for this App if you're only going to play it for a day."  And now, we have to limit his time with it.  On some level, it seems like learning.

Pictures here from November.

- Jason