My favroite Nick-cabulary this month: poo snatters (those are underwear streaks), and poo quarters (left-over incentive from potty training).
I find logical observations from Nick entertaining each day. He's so obsessed with trains, I asked him if he'd become a Train Conductor when he grew up. "No, I'll be Nick," he says. Then, we're playing basketball on a small rim in the basement, and I try to teach him defense by telling him to keep me from making a basket... so he runs over to the rim, picks up the entire apparatus, and runs off with it. Hard to argue.
Favorite foods: bagels, potato sticks, chicken-and rice, and Go-Gurts.
He continually wanders the house singing songs. Like his mother, he makes most of them up, and any sense of rhyme or rhythm is optional. Ask him to sing the "Pepperoni" song. It's his own work. But at least he's helpful while he's singing. He loves to shovel (light) snow, which is good because my back is sore from the several feet we got this winter - almost 40 inches just in February.
Last week he says to me, "Daddy, meet my best friend, Mama." "Where did you meet her, Nick?" "At the zoo!" I have no idea where that came from.
- Jason