Friday, December 10, 2010

Nick's Forty-Seventh Month

With Nick in Atlanta most of the month, and me in Detroit, it felt alot like an episode of Charlie's Angels - I was "Charlie". He would talk to me through the phone like I was actually the phone, putting the phone in his train for a ride, taking pictures of the phone, or walking the phone around the house. I did get down to see him at Thnaksgiving, which was post-haircut (he's shaggy in the first half of the month.)

We make shadow puppets on the wall during tub time. Well, Brandi makes them, and Nick aggressively smashes them. Another game I'm no good at.
He still insists on hitting on older women, this time at the Chick-fil-A. I hope he never loses the confidence and charm, but I can see where this can cause trouble, too. He can't quite grasp, 'don't talk to strangers' yet. I need him to learn he can't just walk up and touch other people. (Gotta admit, though, he's charting in territory I wish I had travelled at some point in life.)

Walking through the house, he discovered his grandmama's sewing machine. I told him it was for sewing clothes. When I came back through the hall, he had taken off his shorts to mess with them on the sewing machine. Somewhere there's a picture of him naked and sewing.

Brandi sings him songs at night before bedtime, and he sings all the time, all day long. I love the classics, like, "Sweet Caroline", which he knows, "bom, bom, bom..." The family sang him, "Happy haircut to you!" when he was a good boy for his haircut, so now he sings that frequently, too.

Nick is an expert at human anatomy, and readily identifies most parts of the body. I just hope he doesn't share his knowledge as openly with strangers; could be a little embarassing.

I'll get pics posted when I return from California (where we are all now.) There oughtta be some good ones.

- Jason