We were at the McDonalds playground in Dundee one evening, where there were at least 6 other kids he could play with. Instead, he latched onto one of the young moms, named Savannah (so he tells me - I didn't ask hre name). He was hugging her and her girlfriend, telling them stories, and sitting on their laps. I tried to direct him toward some McNuggets, but he told me, "No! I have to talk to the girls!" Give the kid credit, they were cute. (They looked like his mother.)
He's been reading Dr. Suess too much again, as he now refers to Brandi and me as Daddy Bird and Mama Bird. This will pass in a few days.
I got the first shrugging of shoulders this week, when I caught him trying climb up on a chair, and apparently out a window. When I caught him and asked of his intentions, he just shrugged his shoulders with an empty look. I didn't expect it so soon.
Nick and Seth are pictured here on the playground in Atlanta.
Alot of this month has been tied up in preparation work on the house. That will be a separate post all unto itself.
- Jason