When he was young, we encouraged him to read out loud, not thinking it could permanently damage his ability to read quietly to himself in the future. Singing I can appreciate, like how he sings 'Animals' by Maroon 5, having no idea the song is about a stalker (at least I think he has no idea.)
The boys were up from Georgia for a week, and we got in as many activities as we could. We did a day at Castaway Play in Howell. Brandi took the boys swimming one evening while Jason and I had drinks with the guys from the karate school. We come home and Thatcher says to Brandi, "You are so pretty without your clothes." He meant in her swimsuit, but still! (BTW, I took a business trip to Toronto, and when I told stories about the boys, they think the name Thatcher is the coolest name ever for a boy... it plays well in the Queen's territory.) The kids are all growing up fast now... Seth's voice drops an octave every few months when I see him. There were also a couple trips to the Toledo Zoo. One was with his school as the year winds down, and his friend Owen is in many of the photos. Brandi says the kids got to ask questions of the zookeepers... and Nick was answering all of their questions. His comprehension still well outpaces other kids, and wildlife is his passion. The other visit he went back to touch sharks in the new exhibit.
Nick started private swimming lessons this month. His instructor, Jarett, is excellent, and says Nick is the most teachable student he has. Nick loves to swim, and he's now doing strokes that I could never do. The pictures here are from swimming and diving classes.
Photos this month are behind this link.
And Nick is adding more to his YouTube channel. Here's the video of his Minecraft world under construction.
- Jason